All Within My Hands (AWMH), a foundation launched in 2019 by Metallica in partnership with the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) is celebrating its fifth year, and they're adding 11 new colleges to its currently 31-college roster. The Metallica Scholars Initiative (MSI) directly supports the improvement of the career and technical education programs at 42 community colleges throughout 33 states. Over $6 million has been invested in the American workforce by Metallica and their charity so far.
According to All Within My Hands executive director Peter Delgrosso, "we will have supported well over 5,000 Metallica Scholars across workforce education by the start of the fifth year of the program."
"The Metallica Scholars Initiative is a powerful and cooperative network of the greatest community colleges in the country that fosters a welcoming environment for participants to directly interact and exchange best practices. As a result, our Metallica Scholars leave the program well-trained and confident. Ultimately the impact is felt in their local communities, and on the national scale, as these scholars enter the workforce and fill, or create, much needed workforce and technical positions."
"The Metallica Scholars Initiative is significant to us because we are witnessing results", according to Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich. "Five years later, with the assistance of community colleges around the nation, we are assisting people in filling these critical positions that call for education and training. We are so proud and grateful that we can facilitate this program."
Each of the new schools will get $100,000 to improve the learning environment for students as they pursue career development for the local economy. The 11 institutions that have this year joined MSI are:
- Aiken Technical College – Aiken, South Carolina
- Central Wyoming College – Riverton, Wyoming
- Columbia State Community College – Columbia, Tennessee
- Front Range Community College – Westminster, Colorado
- Itawamba Community College – Fulton, Mississippi
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College – Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Oxnard College (Ventura County Community College District) – Oxnard, California
- South Central College – North Mankato, Minnesota
- South Louisiana Community College – Lafayette, Louisiana
- Texas State Technical College – Waco, Texas
- Western Dakota Technical College – Rapid City, South Dakota
For a complete list of all 42 schools currently supported by AWMH, visit here. Metallica held their third annual Helping Hands Concert & Auction last year, on December 16, 2022 and it helped raised over $3 million for the charity.